I made a portfolio book from scratch, and despite my lack of knowledge when it comes to using tools and building things, I think it turned out well.
The cover is made out of wood, which I stained with two coats of Minwax. The first coat of stain took about 10 minutes to dry, while the second coat of stain took 3 days to dry.
I used continuous hinges on the inside, 12″ long, and 1/4″ screw posts, both from Lowe’s.
The prints inside are actual photos, 11″ x 17″, which makes it easy to swap out for new images in the future.
There are currently 14 pages, but there is flexibility to grow in the future.